14 things to know when starting college:
1. Vodka is strong. Don’t drink a whole bottle. You will get drunk very quickly.
2. Everyone is equal. We’re all scared and new to our surroundings.
3. You’ll meet a lot of people, some who will change when you get to know them. Pick your friends wisely.
4. You’ll also meet a lot of the opposite sex, all of who will be your friend. Refer back to #2.
5. Don’t expect people to not act like they did in high school. People are still just as childish.
6. You’re paying for your class. Every class you skip is a little bit of your money down the drain. Go to class, do your work. It is not hard to pass, as long as you pay attention.
7. Your teachers are there to help you. Just speaking to them and asking for help shows that you care about your education and will help your grade in the long run.
8. Everyone says college is scary because you’re up all night doing work and drinking coffee and red bull to survive – But if you organize yourself and do your work as it comes you will get by just fine. Don’t do an assignment the night before.
9. Don’t buy new text books, and share with friends. Some books you won’t even have to open.
10. PJ’s aren’t quite acceptable, but sweat shirts and pants or tights are. Dress comfortable, you will be sitting for a long time. It’s not a fashion show.
11. Underwear. Lots of underwear.
12. Keep your room and common space clean, it’ll be a big help when you’re stressed out to come home to a clean and organized room.
13. Don’t force yourself into a relationship, it’ll come when you’re ready.
14. Have fun, you will meet people that make you smile."